Sometimes I get the feeling I’m dabbling in too many things at once. But then I remember how bored I get focusing on only one or two things and then that silly feeling goes away.
For my own benefit as much as for anyone that’s curious, here’s the list:
- Web Application Development with Yii (PHP Framework – lots out there to choose from but Yii seems to have particularly good reviews.)
- JQuery (because it’s about time)
- Drawing (landscapes in particular because I think they’re pretty)
- Mandarin (ongoing, but I’m pretty happy with progress this past year)
- Taiwanese (because Mandarin alone seems too easy now)
- Calculus (because I skipped and then subsequently failed this class in my first year of University but also because I’d like to study physics and amazing math skills would seem to be a requirement for that)
- String theory (based on a couple “String Theory for Dummies” books I’ve read, I’d guess I’m about two lifetimes away from understanding this)
- Backlinking (because onsite SEO alone doesn’t go very far)
- Passive income strategies (because money you don’t have to actively work for is the best kind)
- Creative thinking techniques (because creative problem solving ability can mean the difference between working at McDonalds and owning your own billion dollar empire)
- Copywriting (because I’d like to know this better)
- Outsourcing (because monetary success requries working through others)
Soon to follow: my goals for 2012!